Subscribe in a reader
The Liebster Blog Awards
What is the “Liebster Blog Award?”
It’s an award that started in Germany in order to give smaller bloggers recognition for their hard work. You receive this award from a fellow blogger that feels your blog is both worthy & important to them.
I was so surprised and overwhelmed that one of my fellow bloggers deemed my blog worthy of an award. I still find it amazing that people read about my life and travels…. just a simple Island Girl
The origins of the Liebster Blog award are somewhat unclear but the general consensus is that it originated in Germany, Liebster meaning favorite or dearest, to showcase bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. Upon accepting the award the recipient must then pass it on to eleven more blogs of note.”
Here are the rules:
1. Answer 11 questions given by your nominator
2. Give 11 facts about yourself
3. Nominate 11 other lovely bloggers
4. Post 11 new questions for your new nominees
11 Random Facts about Myself
- I am a Registered Nurse in the Philippines
- I was born and raised in Sibuyan Island, Romblon, Philippines
- My favourite movie is Braveheart
- My favourite food is Sinigang
- I cycled 30 km round the temples in Siem Reap in one day
- My first flight out of the country was in June 2012 to Bangkok
- I am addicted to deep fried camote
- I love to sit on Azagra beach near my house and watch the sunset
- I am just a simple Island Girl at heart living an uncomplicated life
- I use virgin coconut oil as a moisturiser. It is 100% natural with no chemicals added.
- I would love an all expenses paid trip to India… any sponsors out there???? :)
11 Questions asked by my Nominator
1. Why do you blog?
I blog because I want to keep a diary of my travel tales on the road. My road tripping and my adventures, or just my plain mad travel without iteniraries. I also want to be a source of inspiration of other young adults like me to start doing what they want to do and enjoy life. Travel blogging is moving people to learn, transform and enjoy their life to the fullest.
2. Where does your love of travel come from?
I think I had a travel bug since birth. But because of being a simple and a frugal life in our island, I set aside this desire. Not until I finished my academic years. I incidentally met someone who have influenced me to pursue this dream because he is an expert traveller. I fell inlove with it as I fell in love with him.
3. Where was your first trip and how old were you?
My first adventure was when I broke my grandma’s law. I headed back to our island doing the longest route ever. Instead of 4 hours journey, I made it 3 nights by hitting the island hopping in Romblon before I finally arrived in our own island. I was 16 by then. So wild and free. Now: Im even wilder
4. What are the top 3 things you could not live without while travelling
My Orange Sarong- I put emphasis that it should be orange in color. I don’t know but it makes me feel so original seeing my self in an orange sarong. That explains the original me. It is the most useful thing for me, a blanket, a sunscreen, a towel, a fashion thing and a sexy stuff
My Buddha- It is a gift from someone. He said it will make me safe on my journeys. I’m no Buddhist nor I believe in such but it’s the thought that counts. So it feels like he is always by my side
My necklace- I bought it from Boracay island. It has lots of colors that makes it so versatile. A little fashion on the road.
5. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
It would be in India. They say India is not that good but is crazy. I want to experience that craziness. But probably I need to read between the lines. Be safe at all times.
6. Of all the places you’ve been, which is your favourite and why?
It’s a tough question because I like all of the places I visited. They are all unique and pretty the way they are. But my favorite is Siem Reap Cambodia. It didn’t have any white beach or awesome rock formation or unbelievable breathtaking view, but I felt so at home more than I felt in the Philippines. Maybe because of the moment was like perfect. A perfect guesthouse, a relaxing atmosphere, great Khmer food, soft Cambodian song, sweet deep fried camote and banana, sweet corn, baguettes, watermelon shakes, and a bunch of warm hugs and kisses. I wished it never ended.
7. What and where was your best food experience?
It’s my first meal in Bangkok. That was so savory and yummy. The spice was just enough and the green veges on top of the chopped pork and rice with sauce were so good. Finger lickin’ good. I did not find the same taste since then. It’s that smiling man’s secret recipe.
8.What is your favourite travel photo? Share it and include a caption.
Oh, I would be a bias because I would rather base it with “who did the photo” because I would choose the photo when I was riding a bike in Siem Reap. But my favorite as of now is the one I had in a hidden unspoiled island paradise in Philippines called Isla de Gigantes, the Hidden Lagoon. Its an ordinary photo but what makes it so different, I was only wearing a bra because I wasn’t planning to swim but when I saw the lagoon, it was so beckoning. So I took off my shirt and the boatman’s eyes popped out when they saw it. But I didn’t care. The water was more important. I enjoyed much.
9.What single thing do you love most about travelling?
When Im moving on. Either inside the bus or a ferry, and I feel like I’m moving on…travelling on, it excites me not because I’ll arrive sooner to my next destination but the journey itself is more exciting than arriving.
10. How much web design/management experience did you have when you started up your blog?
11.How much is too much when it comes to planning for travel?
20 dollars for a day is too much. (Do you mean for a budget?)
11 Questions for my Nominees
- Do you think of yourself as a traveller or tourist?
- Do you prefer to travel solo or in company of someone?
- Which person do you most admire?
- Are you location Independant and if so how did you achieve this?
- How much time do you spend blogging each week?
- Where did you grow up and how did this influence your later life?
- If you were able to make a law for the whole world what would it be?
- City, Provincial or Coastal life?
- What is your preferred method of transport?
- Vegetarian or Carnivore?
- Whats your favourite book?
So to keep the Liebster award going, I am nominating the Liebster blog award to the following 11 blogs that i enjoy reading, which i hope you will also check out and read if you haven’t done so already:
little girl goes places
rickshaw run diaries
amateurs in africa
totally sams world
the poor traveler
i am traveling light
sole of missy